I want to say a huge thank you to A Worried Student for this nomination, especially given the title of Inspiring!! The most I ever seem to inspire is deep sighs from my geniuses, who do not, ever, at any time, find me in the least bit funny. Actually, that only inspires me to annoy them even more!!
So here we go, seven facts about me.
- I can’t sing. I really can’t!! I sing all the time, at the top of my voice, but I defy anyone to actually recognise what I am singing!! It is a talent I inherited from Fragrant Mother, everything she sings sounds like the theme tune from Kojak. And that wasn’t great!! My brother sings like an angel. I have longer legs!!
- As a child,I used to tear off small bits of paper from whatever I was reading at the time. My father got so annoyed by this, he made me eat a paper sandwich. It cured me.
- I still have dreadful nightmares. I haven’t learnt to navigate my dreams, and frequently wake up completely terrified. I also sleep walk.
- I have virtually no sense of smell. I have odd days when I have big whiffs of things, but most of the time I have nothing. My sense of taste is not affected by this, if anything it is enhanced. I am almost obsessive about personal hygiene as a result.
- I love swimming, particularly in the sea. I would quite happily spend hours in the water, and frequently end up pruney!!
- As a teenager, I was quite often mistaken for Hazel O’Connor. One bloke got really angry with me one night because I wouldn’t admit to being her!! I didn’t mind that comparison, I wasn’t so keen on Princess Anne!!
- I have always wanted to be call Tabitha!! I may yet change my name. I fully intended naming my youngest child Tabitha. He turned out to be a boy. Even I am not that cruel a mother!!
So here are my seven bloggers that I have found inspiring.
- Dandelion Fuzz
- I Shit You Knot
- Hugh’s Views and News
- Meredith’s Musings
- The Chocolate Teapot
- To Search and to Find
- The Relative Cartographer
And the all important rules!!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate a list of bloggers that inspire you.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Oh wow!! Another nomination! Thank you so much Juliana, I may at any moment explode in a cloud of sparkling witchydust!! I am genuinely delighted by this nomination, and the fact that I can finally do a link properly!!
Ok, here we go!!
11 Facts About Me
- My fingernails refuse to grow. My toenails, however, could cut diamonds.
- My hair was cyclamen pink for four years.
- I once took part in a 24 hour excercise with a group of army wives.
- When I was fourteen, I used to wait until my parents had gone to sleep, and then climb out of the window to go clubbing.
- I was completely flat chested until I was 23, but had terminal acne at the age of 10. Gorgeous was I.
- I have no idea what my natural hair colour is now, and have no intention of finding out!
- As a child, I used to fashion the slightly toxic white berries, from the bush in the front garden, into cubes,and tell my sister it was sugar, so she would eat them. She survived.
- I have had 22 general anaesthetics.
- I can’t drive, but can ride a motorbike.
- I have a morbid dread of public toilets. And communal showers.
- I can swear fluently in both spanish and english.
11 Questions from Juliana
- What is one of the best books you have ever read? It was a series of books called The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnet, set in Fifteenth century Scotland, about an adventurer called Francis Crawford of Lymond.
- If you could go back in time, and have a meaningful conversation with someone, who would it be? MacBeth. He was actually one of the best kings Scotland ever had, and was much maligned by Shakespeare.
- If you were a car, what car would you be? A racing green Morgan. I think they are beautiful.
- Do you believe in soul mates? Yes, very definitely yes. I met mine when I was 13, and we recently found each other again!
- What is one of your most favourite places in the world? The Maldives. I am lucky enough to have been there once, and I have made it my mission to go there again
- Is music important to you, and if so, why? I would not survive without music. I absolutely love it, all types, except perhaps really naff pop. It is my mood control, far more effective than any form of medication.
- If you could only take one pair of shoes with you on a holiday, which pair would it be? No brainer!! My docs!! I wear them with everything!!
- Your favourite ingredient in food would be….? Chilli. I love it. Especially in chocolate!!
- What do you think attracts you to an individual? Humour. And eyes that smile. I loathe falseness.
- What is the first word that comes to mind when you read, “Beautiful?” Blue. Deep blue. I tend to think and smell in colours!
11. What makes you happy? My kids. My Warlock. A decent steak. Writing. Reading. Music. And a beach at sunrise.
Ok, golden envelope time!! I nominate……..
Romeo at twenty
A Londoners Notebook
Mostly True Stories of K. Renae P.
Tonight at Dawn
Masala and Blarney
Pretend to be Nice
The Odd Things
Embrace the Chaos
These are my questions for you
- What is the worst job you have ever had?
- To which music track would you listen, to stop you from strangling someone?
- Which book is your comfort read, that you return to over and over?
- What makes you laugh, head thrown back belly laughs?
- To tattoo or not to?!
- When was the last time you rolled down a really steep grassy hill?
- What was the first film you ever saw at the cinema?
- What kind of holiday would be your idea of hell?
- What is your most irritating habit?
- Is life too short to iron bed sheets?
- Which literary character would you most like to be?
Now for the rules……………..
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.