Excuse me. I will be with you in a moment. I am just making room on my mantlepiece for my Liebster Award. My third Liebster!!! I am a Trilieb!! Thank you, the wonderful Romeo for my nomination. And for some fabulous questions!!! If you haven’t checked out her blog, do it now!! Now I tell you!! I am always in awe of just how deliciously stylish it is, and try to hide my nails while I am visiting.
Hokay, eleven more little known facts about me!!
- I always wanted to have appendicitis: in the comics I read as a girl, the heroine would always score the winning goal at lacrosse before collapsing in agony. I did get it. Sadly, nowhere near a lacrosse pitch.
- I was painfully shy as a child. Honestly!! I was!!
- I love cheese. I get cheese shakes if I don’t have some at least once a day. Ok, hour!!
- I enjoy making my own clothes. Well, sewing them. I can knit, but it bores me to tears.
- I love jet skiing. It combines two of my loves. Water and motorbikes.
- The first time I ever watched Summersby, I had to keep stopping it because I was crying so much I couldn’t see!!!
- I once had all my nails tattooed, with a different picture on each one!!
- Nine times out of ten, I sneeze just after I have applied mascara.
- My eyesight is so bad, that when I take my glasses off, I need my glasses to find my glasses.
- I am not very good with horror films, and I frequently have nightmares. Probably all that cheese!!
- I can do a perfect lip sync, complete with air guitar, to I Don’t Care, by Fall Out Boy!!
Romeo’s questions to me…………..
- If you could have any name in the world, what would it be? Tabitha!!!! I love Tabitha. It is a true witch’s name. It’s what I wanted to name my youngest child. Except he was a boy. So perhaps not a good idea!!
- Beach-side or river-side? Either, as long as I have water!! I live next to beaches now, but I used to have fabulous holidays in North Wales as a child, where the mountain springs are cola coloured!!
- Your favourite book becomes reality – which character are you, and who is your love interest? Difficult!! So many books!! When I was a teenager, though, I read all of Georgette Heyer’s books, over and over. My favourite was These Old Shades, and I wanted to be Leonie, who was in love with the saturnine Justin, Duke of Avon.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Possibly not here, I am seriously thinking of returning to UK. And pursuing some sort of career where I can write.
- You’re stuck on an island with a box – what’s inside the box? Music. A pen and paper. And a photo of my torn apart.
- If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be? No-one!! Mine is not a perfect life, but I’ve learned to embrace the madness!!!
- Friends or family? My friends ARE my family.
- You have $100,000,000 to spend, and only 24 hours to do so… what do you spend it on? Am I spending on my own, or is my daughter with me? Because if she is, I will probably only end up with couple of drinks, and a pair of earrings!!
- Do you regret your first kiss? Oh boy, no!! It was the start of an amazing journey.
- Have you ever been in love? Yes. Totally, completely, utterly!! Still am!!!
- Is ignorance bliss? Maybe. Sometimes. It is better than having only a little bit of knowledge.
Right, gird your loins, here are my eleven questions ……………
- If you could change just one part of your body, what would it be?
- Dogs or cats?
- Trout pout? Is it ever a good look?
- Favourite cold drink for a hot day?
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- Have you ever tried to change traffic lights by blinking at them?
- What is the beautiful thing you have ever seen?
- Can you eat a doughnut without licking your lips?
- What is your favourite sport?
- Who has inspired you most in your life?
- Are you a Marmite fan? Or would you rather have your eyes pecked out?
Ok, hold your breath…….. here are my nominees!!
- 1984 (For the Love of Pop’s Greatest Year)
- I Shit You Knot!
- Diary of a Fat Happy Bitch
- Because I Said So
- Pretend to be Nice
- Sam Usher – Adventure Philosopher
- Stone Soup with karensamenow
- Eclecticfemale’s Blog
- Rose of Sharon Healing
- purple mulberries
- Live Now or Forever Hold Your Piece
But wait!! What is this? More nominations!! I shall need a separate room at this rate!! Thank you, the wonderful KiwiBee and delicious Laura Feasey!!! I am really honoured that you all consider me worthy of this award!! I have to put my hands up and say that I am now running out of questions, so I hope you don’t mind, but I would like the three of you to share the questions!!
And finally……..the Rules!!
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
So there you have it!! May I take this opportunity to announce that I am formally retiring from Liebstering, and handing over the crown to those blogs in the blogisphere who are equally deserving!!